Thursday, March 28, 2013

Koreans Can Really Sing

K Pop Star 2 Top 10

Those people around me just can't understand why I love everything Korean so much. Be it in K-Pop, K-Drama, K-Culture, I just love everything Korean. Out of 10 people, 9 thought that I love those K-Pop groups so much just because of their handsome faces and kept saying all those guys are fake and they went through plastic surgery.

The thing that make me fall deeply in love with Korean singers is their multi-talent which is now hardly seen in other countries. I used to listen to Canto-pop and then I turn to Mando-pop when I got disappointed in Canto-pop. Need not to say, I slowly turn to K-Pop when Mando-pop is turning me down.

People around me kept saying that those handsome Korean guys are fake and those only appear on TV. I guess you guys are jealous of how cool those Korean guys so that's why you guys keep on lying to yourself that Korean guys are fake.

I wanted to say that not all Korean go for plastic surgery. It's just that they are really good in the art of make up and they know how to dress themselves well while maintaining their individual style. One good example I can give you is K-Pop Star. K-Pop Star is a singing competition where you compete with each other regardless of nationality, gender, language and age. If you are able to show your singing ability, you can participate in show. This year K-Pop Star has come to season 2.

I want to highlight two contestants which I really love from K-Pop Star 2 Top 10. First of them is Andrew Choi, who is a composer working for famous artist like BoA. He is the oldest participant whose now age is around 34. But he definitely can sing and his voice is just so perfect.


Andrew Choi sang DJ Got Us Fallin by Usher to qualify for Top 6. There was another purpose why he chose to sing this song. And yes, he sang this song to propose to his girlfriend, on a LIVE BROADCAST!!! OMG!!! Just click play on the video above and listen and fall in love with it.

Another contestant, or I should say this group has become everyone's favourite. They are Two Dollars (이천원). The group comprises of Kim Hyo Bin (vocalist) and Kim Il Do (rapper). It is hard to say that they are lucky or unlucky by being one of the Top 10 finalists. They have never won in any rounds but yet they managed to climb up the stairs. It is not that they lack of singing ability or what, but they are always unlucky enough to compete with really powerful competitor.


Their own arrangement of SISTAR- ALONE is just so perfect. I am in love with Hyo Bin's voice and Il Do's rap. OMG! When did Il Do become so handsome? I totally fall for him and wanted to hear him rap. Hurry and click play to watch the video. 

If you want to tell that Il Do is fake too just because he appear in TV, please shut you mouth up and go look into the mirror. I have seen these guys bare face on TV when these guys go for audition for the show. They did not go for plastic surgery. They have become so charming thanks to stylist and make up artist! THEY ARE REAL!

So to all of you who misunderstand K-Pop, please open your heart and listen first before you criticize it! I am not asking you to love K-Pop, but please don't criticize it just because you dislike or jealous of those handsome looking guys or pretty girls! 

Until then, see ya!

2 comments:

Purplelyn said...

I seldom criticize them except their eyeliner. LOL... but still, i never love anyone of them as much as u love...haha...
I might just love some of their songs maybe? =)

J.Callie said...

Haha..not you la.
But their make up skill is really awesome!!!
Korean guys often use eyeliner just like girls, but is to match their theme in songs, and yet it still look natural and nice (at least to me la, haha).

I also don't know why i fall for them so easily.
Haha..and they have really nice voice~ hehe